If you’re anything like me, your sweet tooth is not easily tamed. But is it best tamed with delicious treats that are simple and healthy at the same time. These grain-free chocolate chip cookies are an all time favourite in my household!
After many failed attempts at baking with gluten free flours, this is one recipe that I can proudly say that I have perfected.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract. You can use a hand whisk for this
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and beat with mixer or fork until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and continue to blend until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- DIG IN!
“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!” Charles Schulz